Meet your A Step Ahead Physiotherapy team.
A wealth of expertise brought together to look after you.
Christine Gibbs PT, BS, MPT
Christine graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Physiology from California State University, Fresno. She continued her education at CSUF and graduated Magna Cum Laude with great distinction, earning a Master of Physical Therapy degree in 2001. Throughout her career, she has worked in a variety of settings and has treated all body parts from head to toe. She enjoys fixing people from all levels of fitness and has ultimately found her niche in sports rehabilitation and gait biomechanics. She is trained in a wide variety of manual therapy techniques, custom orthotic fitting, and specializes in biomechanics of the lower extremity and foot function. Becoming a Cayman Islands Physiotherapist has enabled her to continue with her passion for fixing people in an ideal environment and A Step Ahead Physiotherapy, Cayman is the perfect place!
Christine is an avid golfer, runner, and triathlon enthusiast. Due to this passion for athletics, she is keen to help others restore their health and fitness to enable them to return to their passions. Christine moved to the Cayman Islands in 2002 and has embraced the island lifestyle with her husband, Gary, and 2 cats, Cleo and Harley. She is proud to have been selected to serve on the National Council for Persons with Disabilities. She is looking forward to making improvements in Grand Cayman for those living with disabilities.
Education and Training
- BS, Exercise Physiology - California State University, Fresno, USA www.csufresno.edu/fresnostate
- Master of Physical Therapy - Magna Cum Laude with great distinction, California State University, Fresno, USA
- Functional Stability Training for the Lower Body www.functionalstability.com
- Functional Stability Training for the Upper Body www.functionalstability.com
- Mulligan Concept Functional Exam and Treatment of SI Joint & Pubic Symphysis www.neseminars.com
- Diagnosis & Treatment of Midfoot Injuries in Runner www.motivationsceu.com
- Advanced Management of Lower Extremity Injuries in the Athlete www.healthclick.com
- Diagnosing & Treating Injuries Resulting from a Breakdown of the Kinetic Chain www.motivationsceu.com
- Recent Advances in Evidence Based Evaluation and Treatment of the Knee www.OnlineKneeSeminar.com
- Knee Deep: Anatomical Review of Knee Structures www.motivationsceu.com
- Evidence-based Interventions for Myofascial Trigger Points www.motivationsceu.com
- Comprehensive Treatment of the Foot and Ankle www.glseminars.com
- Treatment of the Lumbar Complex www.glseminars.com
- Optimal Shoulder Performance www.ShoulderSeminar.com
- Core Functional Stability www.FunctionalStability.com
- Advanced Management of the Lower Extremeity Injuries in the Athlete www.healthclick.com
- Diagnosis and Treatment of the Upper & Lower Quadrant by Brian Mulligan http://nes.multi-versity.com
- Mulligan Concept: Shoulder, Thoracic, Spinal Mobilization with Arm Movement http://nes.multi-versity.com
- Mulligan Concept: Lumbar Spine, Sacroiliac Joint, and Hip http://nes.multi-versity.com
- Knee Rehab: Patellofemoral and ACL Injuries http://nes.multi-versity.com
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Muscle Imbalances http://nes.multi-versity.com
- Managing Challenging Lower Limb Problems by Jenny McConnell http://nes.multi-versity.com
- Assessment of the Lumbar Spine by David MaGee http://nes.multi-versity.com
- MTTS 80 Hour Acupuncture Foundation Course http://mtts-acupuncture.co.uk
- Recent Advances in the Treatment of Shoulder and Knee www.neseminars.com
- Fundamentals of Kinesio Taping Kinesio Taping KT1, KT2, KT3 Intermediate Whole Body Kinesio Taping www.kinesiotaping.com
- Myofascial Release: State of the Art Tissue Mobilization Active Release Techniques, Spine www.activerelease.com
- Practical Applications to Biomechanics of the Foot, Ankle, & Lower Extremity Assessment & Treatment of Lumbopelvic Instability Basics of Sacroiliac Mobilization www.glseminars.com
- For Your Patients Who Play Golf Take the Next Step http://www.rehabedge
- Manual Therapy of the Upper Extremity Functional Biomechanics of the Lower Quarter www.rehabedge
- Mat Pilates for Rehabilitation Mobilization of the Cervical and Thoracic Spine and Ribs www.glseminars.com
- Miami Hand Reconstruction Course www.orthonowfl.com
Areas of Focus
- Lower extremity biomechanics
- Running injuries and dysfunction - keeping the runner running!
- Foot dysfunction and how it affects everything above it
- Video gait analysis
- Video golf swing analysis
- American Physical Therapy Association www.apta.org California Chapter Physical Therapy Association www.ccapta.org
- National Council for Persons with Disabilities, Grand Cayman, January 2017 - present
- Volunteer with Cayman HospiceCare, 2013 - present www.caymanhospicecare.ky
- Director, Cayman Heart Fund Board, 2014 - present www.caymanheartfund.com
- Volunteer for Cayman Island Special Olympics, 2015 www.soci.ky
- Mentor for Mentoring Cayman, 2012 & 2014 www.caymanchamber.ky
- Past President of Cayman Islands Triathlon Association, www.triathlon.ky
- Volunteer Swim Physio for CIASA, 2002 - 2004
Triathlons, Half Marathons, Golf, Scuba diving, Water Skiing, Travelling and Cooking.
Elzke Hoehler PT, BSc.
Elzke graduated from the University of the Witwatersrand (WITS), Johannesburg, South Africa with a Bachelor of Science degree in Physiotherapy in 2011 and has 8 years of experience as a Physiotherapist both in South Africa and in the Cayman Islands.
During her time in South Africa Elzke worked in a specialized sports and orthopedics outpatient environment which equipped her with a large knowledge base and experience in this field. She completed her Orthopedic Manipulative Therapy (OMT) qualification in 2013, making her part of a group of manipulative physical therapist around the world who have completed this stringent post- graduation specialization.
Elzke loves treating sports injuries and orthopedic conditions, she specializes in the lumbo-pelvic complex, which includes lower back, hip and pelvic pain.
Her qualifications in manipulative therapy, dry needling, sports taping and clinical Pilates enhances her skillset to provide a holistic approach to managing her patients.
Elzke is a keen triathlete and has completed the Durban and Miami 70.3 Half Ironman’s, along with several individual cycling races and half marathons. She also enjoys the watersports Cayman has to offer such as Scuba diving and Wakeboarding.Qualifications, Courses and Seminars
- Bachelor of Science degree in Physiotherapy
- Orthopedic Manipulative Therapy (OMT)
- Dry Needling (Level 3)
- Kinesiology Taping (Level 2)
- BASI Pilates Mat Instructor
- Spinal Assessment and Treatment
- Soft Tissue Injury Treatment and Management
- Mobilization of the Nervous System (Neurodynamics)
- Certified pelvic health physiotherapist